1. Friends (NBC, 1994) is an American sitcom television series created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman. The personal and professional lives of six friends (Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, and David Schwimmer) living in New York City.
Actors: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow
2. How I Met Your Mother (CBS, 2005) is an American sitcom created by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays. Through a series of flashbacks, Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) recounts to his children the journey he and his four friends (Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris, and Alyson Hannigan) took leading up to him meeting their mother.
Actors: Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan, Cristin Milioti
3. Seinfeld (NBC) is an American television sitcom that originally ran for nine seasons on NBC from July 5, 1989, to May 14, 1998. It was created by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld, the latter starring as a fictionalized version of himself. Set predominantly in an apartment block in Manhattan’s Upper West Side in New York City, the show features a handful of Jerry’s friends and acquaintances.
Actors: Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards
4. Gossip Girl (The CW, 2007) is an American teen drama television series created by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, based on the book series by Cecily von Ziegesar. After a mysterious disappearance, “it girl” Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) returns to the Upper East Side where drama awaits.
Actors: Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley
5. Sex and the City (HBO, 1998) is an American romantic comedy-drama television series created by Darren Star, based on the 1997 book by Candace Bushnell. Four female New Yorkers (Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon) gossip about their sex lives (or lack thereof) and find new ways to deal with being a woman in the 1990s.
Actors: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis
6. Mad Men (AMC, 2007) is an American period drama television series created by Matthew Weiner. Womanizing advertising executive Don Draper (Jon Hamm) balances work and pleasure, while harboring secrets of his own past.
Actors: Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss, Vincent Kartheiser
7. Suits (USA, 2011) is an American legal drama created by Aaron Korsh. On the run from a drug deal gone bad, brilliant college dropout Mike Ross, finds himself working with Harvey Specter, one of New York City’s best lawyers.
Actors: Gabriel Macht, Patrick J. Adams, Meghan Markle
8. Taxi is an American sitcom that originally aired from 1978 to 1982 on ABC and from 1982 to 1983 on NBC. The serieswhich won 18 Emmy Awards, including three for Outstanding Comedy Seriesfocuses on the everyday lives of a handful of New York City taxi drivers and their mean dispatcher. Taxi was produced by the John Charles Walters Company, in association with Paramount Network Television, and was …more on Wikipedia
Actors: Judd Hirsch, Jeff Conaway, Danny DeVito
9. Law & Order is an American police procedural and legal drama television series, created by Dick Wolf and part of the Law & Order franchise. It originally aired on NBC and, in syndication, on various cable networks. Law & Order premiered on September 13, 1990, and completed its 20th and final season on May 24, 2010. Its record of 20 seasons is a tie with Gunsmoke for the longest-running live-action…more on Wikipedia
Actors: Jerry Orbach, Jesse L. Martin, Dennis Farina
10 30 Rock (NBC, 2006) is an American satirical sitcom television series created by Tina Fey. Head writer Liz Lemon (Fey) tries to run her sketch comedy show, while dealing with an arrogant boss (Alec Baldwin), an unpredictable movie star (Tracy Jordan), and an insecure actress (Jane Krakowski).
Actors: Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Tracy Morgan +more