Sweet Life: Los Angeles Season 2
Was Sweet Life: Los Angeles cancelled or renewed for season 2? When does it start on HBO Max? Who will be returning for the new season? In this post, we have summarized everything we know so far about the next season.
What Is Sweet Life: Los Angeles About?
LOS ANGELES gives a unique look at what it means to be young, Black, ambitious, and in constant pursuit of one's dreams. Exploring themes of loyalty, legacy, and love, this coming-of-age series follows a group of long-time friends in South L.A., as they navigate the relatable, chaotic, mid-20s moments at the quarter-life mark and propel each other into adulthood success.
SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES, from Emmy and Golden Globe(R) nominee Issa Rae, gives an honest and unique look into what it means to be young, Black, and in constant pursuit of one’s dreams in the heart of South Los Angeles. The series follows a group of ambitious childhood friends showcasing their relatable, authentic and sometimes stumbling mid-20s moments as they embrace the joy and struggles of adulthood, navigating love and family, and building their careers as tastemakers in the city where they grew up.
The first three episodes of the nine-episode series debut THURSDAY, AUGUST 19 on HBO Max, followed by three additional episodes on August 26, leading up to the final three episodes on September 2. A reunion special will launch on September 9. From Emmy(R) and Golden Globe(R) nominee Issa Rae, SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES gives a unique look at what it means to be young, Black, ambitious, and in constant pursuit of one’s dreams. Exploring themes of loyalty, legacy, and love, this coming-of-age series follows a group of long-time friends in South Los Angeles as they navigate the relatable, chaotic, mid-20s moments at the quarter-life mark and propel each other into adulthood success.
The enterprising and charismatic core cast is comprised of Amanda Scott, a PR consultant whose determination to build generational wealth manifests in purchasing her first home, Briana Jones, a medical account specialist who’s eager to embrace singlehood and start her own skincare business, Cheryl Des Vignes, a budding fashion designer; marketing specialist Jerrold Smith II, Cheryl’s high school sweetheart, both of whom are negotiating the next phase of their relationship while leveling up with their respective careers; Jordan Bentley, a fashion CEO from View Park whose on-again-off-again flirtation with Briana is, in a word, complicated; P’Jae Compton, a music manager who’s laser-focused on taking his artists to the next level, but less clear-eyed when it comes to romantic pursuits and Tylynn Burns, an event planner who brings an ethos of Black Excellence to her work, and whose level-headed nature often finds her playing peacemaker. More information on the cast is below.
SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES is produced by HOORAE; Main Event Media, an All3Media America Company; and Morning Dew Pictures. Issa Rae, Montrel McKay, Jimmy Fox, Sheri Maroufkhani, Leola Westbrook and Sun de Graaf serve as executive producers. Rajah Ahmed and Pyongson “Sunny” Yim serve as co-executive producers. Sara Rastogi and Ashley Calloway serve as producers.
About the SWEET LIFE: LOS ANGELES cast:
· Amanda Scott: Scott is a 25-year-old, PR professional and social media maven born and raised in Inglewood, CA. She currently works in the financial services industry in Communications. As a natural storyteller, she is passionate about telling stories about Black culture, business and entrepreneurship, especially in South Los Angeles, and is laying the foundation to start her own Public Relations company. Scott is also a new real estate investor and entrepreneur. With her catchphrase, “Buy Black the Block,” she is dedicated to buying properties in Black communities and is striving to reach a personal goal of 100 doors.
· Briana Jones: Jones is 26 years old, born and raised in Kalamazoo, MI and moved to Los Angeles in 2018. Jones currently works in the healthcare field, but is actively working on building her own brand. Motivated by her pride in skincare, she created an organic body butter line called “Buttrd By Bri.” Jones is the newest member of the friend group, in the process of adjusting to life in Los Angeles.
· Cheryl Des Vignes: Des Vignes is a 26-year-old fashion designer and artist from Watts, CA. Having worked for some of the industry’s most well-known brands, Des Vignes created her own clothing brand called “Des Vignes”. With “Des Vignes” on the rise, Des Vignes is dedicated to growing her brand as an advocate for body positivity and sustainable fashion. Des Vignes also regularly mentors young women of color in her community.
· Jerrold Smith II: Smith is a 25-year-old Los Angeles native, former Division-1 UCLA Basketball athlete, content creator, actor, host, model, and current Entertainment Marketing Specialist at Westbrook, Inc. He has been featured in several major brand and product campaigns for the likes of Nike, Adidas, and more, as well as print and online publications such as Sports Illustrated and ESPN. He also created and hosts the “Basketball Adjacent Podcast” on the BLEAV Podcast Network, which he uses to amplify stories and opportunities about life after and outside of sports.
· Jordan Bentley: Bentley is a 24-year-old Founder & CEO of Los Angeles-based streetwear brand, Hypland(R). From a home-based clothing brand, he started as a teen, to a fully operational, multi-million-dollar corporation, Hypland(R) is on the fast track to becoming one of the fastest growing streetwear brands owned and operated by a Black male. For Bentley, Hypland(R) is just the beginning of his entrepreneurial pursuits and serves as a vehicle to inspire more young people and show them it is possible to capitalize on your hobbies and turn them into opportunities to enter the world of business ownership.
· P’Jae Compton: Compton is a 27-year-old entrepreneur hailing from South Central Los Angeles. His upbringing in Los Angeles molded his interminable hustle for success. He is continuously building his empire and expanding his career in the music industry, artist management, fashion, modeling, and as a social media influencer. Compton is the co-owner of the recently launched Los Angeles based record label, “Lost Sound.” In 2019, he was awarded by the Los Angeles Dodgers as a “Community Hero”.
· Tylynn Burns: Burns is a 26-year-old Los Angeles native and currently serves as the Founder and Director of Operations of “House Party Creative,” a self-started and managed, event series agency. With a personal passion for uniting people and creating unique experiences, Burns’ mission with House Party Creative is to curate spaces for Black and Brown creatives, entrepreneurs, and influencers to connect, ideate, network, and most importantly, have fun. She founded #RealBlackGiveback and Real Black Greatness during Juneteenth 2021 to continue House Party Creative’s philanthropic efforts.
📆 Summer 2022 TV Schedule + Streaming Shows Release Dates Calendar
When does your favorite summer show come back on? Check it out on our summer-spring 2022 release dates guide.
The last episode of the series was released on September 9, 2021 in the US.
Is "Sweet Life: Los Angeles" returning for Season 2? When does the next season of Sweet Life: Los Angeles come back on? 🤔 Find out below!
Sweet Life: Los Angeles Season 2 Release Date
Leave Your Comment! 👋
🌞 Spring-Summer 2022 TV Shows Lineup, Streaming Release Dates 📆
When does your favorite summer show come back on? Check it out on our summer release dates guide.
Sweet Life: Los Angeles Season 2 Trailer
HBO Max released the official promo/trailer for season 2. Watch it below:
|Show Name||Sweet Life: Los Angeles|
|Status||Premiere Date Set|
|Series Cast||Jerrold Smith II Kamie Crawford|
For even more Sweet Life: Los Angeles cancellation and renewal news, check out here. You can see all upcoming shows on our Upcoming Shows 2022 page. We also have a very handy "What's New" page where you can see all new tv and streaming shows.