HBO Max Acquires Lineup of Iconic Black Stories From Warner Bros.
“Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper,” “In The House,” “The Jamie Foxx Show,” “Martin” And “The Parent ‘Hood” Are Also Now Available On The Platform
HBO Max announced today that season two of the Peabody Award-winning prestige drama “David Makes Man,” created by Tarell Alvin McCraney and produced by Warner Bros. Television, is now available on HBO Max. Additionally, a new lineup of Warner Bros. acquisitions are now available on the platform, including the sitcoms “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper,” “In the House,” “The Jamie Foxx Show,” “Martin” and “The Parent ‘Hood.”
Full program details are below.
DAVID MAKES MAN SEASON TWO
· Logline: Season two of the Peabody Award-winning series produced by Warner Bros. Television finds David in his 30s (Kwame Patterson, “Snowfall,” “The Wire”), a rising businessman facing an opportunity that will change him and his community forever. The mounting pressure forces David to choose between the instincts that helped him survive or finding a new way to truly live.
· Cast: The adult versions of David and his brother JG are played by Kwame Patterson and Arlen Escarpeta (“The Oath”), respectively. Returning series regulars include Akili McDowell, Alana Arenas, Travis Coles and Cayden K. Williams.
· Credits: Tarell Alvin McCraney serves as executive producer alongside Dee Harris-Lawrence, who serves as showrunner. Mike Kelley and Melissa Loy under their Page Fright production banner, Michael B. Jordan via his Outlier Society Productions, Oprah Winfrey via Harpo Films, and John Strauss are also executive producers.
HANGIN’ WITH MR. COOPER
· Logline: Life couldn’t be better for Mark Cooper (Mark Curry), the former college basketball superstar and ultimate prankster, who also happens to be the coolest substitute teacher around. He’s charming, funny, playful and athletic — a really great guy…and he’ll be the first to tell you so! Just out of school and on his own for the first time, Mark finds himself sharing a house with two beautiful women.
· Cast: Mark Curry, Holly Robinson Peete, Saundra Quarterman, Nell Carter, Marquise Wilson, Dawnn Lewis, Omar Gooding and Luis Avalos.
· Credits: The series is executive produced by Jeff Franklin, Danny Kallis, Cheryl Gard, Samm-Art Williams, Barry O’Brien, Cheryl Alu and David Chambers.
IN THE HOUSE
· Logline: Can a former pro-football player and a newly divorced mother with two children live together when they don’t even know each other? Grammy Award-winning music artist LL Cool J and Emmy Award winner Debbie Allen star in this family comedy series.
· Cast: LL Cool J, Debbie Allen, Lisa Arrindell Anderson, Kim Wayans, Maia Campbell, Jeffery Wood, Dee Jay Daniels and Alfonso Ribeiro.
· Credits: The series is executive produced by Quincy Jones, David E. Salzman, Winifred Hervey, Bob Burris and Michael Ware.
THE JAMIE FOXX SHOW
· Logline: Multitalented comedian and Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx (“Ray,” “Django Unchained”) stars as an entertainer hitting his stride both musically and romantically.
· Cast: Jamie Foxx, Garcelle Beauvais, Christopher B. Duncan, Ellia English, Garrett Morris, Andy Berman
· Credits: The series is executive produced by Bentley Kyle Evans, Marcus King, Bennie R. Richburg, Jr., Jamie Foxx, Sandy Frank and Josh Goldstein.
· Logline: Martin Lawrence (“Bad Boys”) plays Martin Payne, a radio talk show host popular with his listeners because of his brash on-air style and personality. Off the air, however, he has a nurturing, caring relationship with young executive Gina (Tisha Campbell). Always around are Martin’s friends Tommy Cole, and Gina’s co-worker Pam.
· Cast: Martin Lawrence, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Tichina Arnold, Thomas Mikal Ford, Carl Anthony Payne, Jonathan Gries, Garrett Morris, Angelina Estrada.
· Credits: The series is executive produced by John Bowman, Topper Carew, Samm-Art Williams and Martin Lawrence.
THE PARENT ‘HOOD
· Logline: Award-winning comedian Robert Townsend (“Hollywood Shuffle”) and Suzzanne Douglas star as parents desperately trying to keep up with their high-spirited children and the ever-changing realities of modern-day family life.
· Cast: Robert Townsend, Suzzanne Douglas, Carol Woods, Kenny Blank, Reagan Gomez-Preston, Curtis Williams, Ashli Adams, Bobby McGee, Tyrone Dorzell Burton, Faizon Love, Kelly Perine.
· Credits: The series is executive produced by Robert Townsend, Andrew Nicholls, Darrell Vickers, Marc Warren, Dennis Rinsier, Loretha Jones, Warren Hutcherson and Danny Smith.