Two new families join 10-part docuseries featuring New York’s most notorious mafia-tied dynasties alongside Karen Gravano and Sammy “The Bull” Gravano
MTV’s gripping docuseries, Families of the Mafia is set to make its long-awaited return on Thursday, July 15 at 9PM ET/PT, following Jersey Shore Family Vacation.
Filmed through the lens of a true-crime docuseries, Families of the Mafia delves into the lives of five notorious mafia-tied families as they continue to navigate away from the underlying life of organized crime that still haunts them to this day. This upcoming season introduces two new families, the Nayfelds and the Cutolos, who are on a mission to find their meaning and purpose after life in the mafia underworld.
Meet the families:
· The Gravanos: Karen is back in New York and has grown a passion for prison reform. Having so much experience in the justice system, she is working hard to help reverse the verdict of her boyfriend who is currently serving a life sentence. Karina strives to build her own empire and has begun her professional life in the competitive male-dominated world of finance, while trying to distance herself from the Gravano family legacy. Meanwhile, her grandfather Sammy “The Bull” launches a podcast to divulge his notorious past, causing strife in the family.
· The O’Tooles: In the wake of their father’s unexpected death, the entire family bands together to launch an investigation as they grow suspicious that his cause of death wasn’t suicide.
· The Laroccas: CP continues to navigate the relationship with his parents now that his father has been released from prison after serving a five year stint for drug charges; but the family is thrown off their course to “normal” when they receive life altering news.
· The Nayfelds: Eli Kiperman, son of Boris Nayfeld, known as one of New York’s most influential Russian mafia bosses, prepares to reunite with his father who has been serving out his probation in Moscow, Russia. Eli has chosen the legitimate route and works hard to support his mother Angela who continues to struggle with the idea of a life without her husband Boris.
· The Cutolos: Billy Cutolo Jr., the son of once powerful underboss William “Wild Bill” Cutolo, continues to reacclimate to life with his family after their time on the run in the witness protection program. He plans for his return to New York for the first time since his father’s infamous murder to reunite with his estranged family and tie up loose ends with his father’s old associates.
Follow @FamiliesOfMafia on Twitter and @FamiliesOfTheMafia on Facebook and Instagram for more updates. Get in on the conversation using #FamiliesOfTheMafia.
Families of the Mafia is executive produced by Karen Gravano. Adam Gonzalez and Daniel Blau Rogge serve as executive producers for MTV. Ariana Janetakis serves as co-executive producer.
MTV is the leading global youth media brand across every platform with operations that span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios, a unit focused on developing series for SVOD and linear distribution partners.