Behind the Monsters Season 2
Was Behind the Monsters cancelled or renewed for season 2? When does it start on Shudder? Now that season 1 is over, fans are wondering if the show will continue for another season or not. In this post, we have summarized everything we know so far about the next season.
What Is Behind the Monsters About?
Examines the horror icons who have broken free of the confines of the film from which they were born and become the stuff of legend.
Shudder, AMC Networks’ premium streamer for horror, thriller and the supernatural, announced today the new original docu-series Behind the Monsters, which takes a deep dive on cinematic horror icons. Each of the series’ six episodes will focus on a single horror character, including Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, Candyman, Chucky and Pinhead, and feature interviews with horror experts and the writers, directors and actors from the original films that made each character the stuff of genre legends. Written and directed by Gabrielle Binkley and Anthony Uro and produced by Stage 3 Productions, Behind the Monsters debuts on Shudder on Tuesday October 26 with episodes rolling out weekly.
“In the history of film, only a handful of stars and characters like Mickey Mouse or Marilyn Monroe have risen to the heights of fame to become instantly recognizable the world over. Yet somehow, a small group of monsters who got their start in low-budget horror movies have transcended their humble beginnings to become international pop culture icons. Behind the Monsters will tell the story of their unlikely rise to fame, from the ideas that inspired them to the indelible mark they’ve left on the world,” said Craig Engler, Shudder’s general manager.
Behind the Monsters will focus on the following horror icons over six episodes:
· CANDYMAN, featuring interviews with the original Candyman (1992) Director Bernard Rose and stars Tony Todd and Virginia Madsen; Candyman (2021) Director Nia DaCosta; and Horror Noire’s Tananarive Due, among others.
· CHUCKY, with interviews with Child’s Play (1988) Creator/Writer Don Mancini, Director Tom Holland and star Catherine Hicks, along with the voice of Chucky, Brad Dourif, among others.
· JASON VOORHEES, including interviews with Kane Hodder, actor/stuntman from Friday the 13th Parts VII & VIII, Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X, and Tom Savini, special effects creator on Friday the 13th Parts I & IV, among others.
· MICHAEL MYERS, featuring interviews with actor Nick Castle from Halloween and the new Halloween films from Blumhouse, as well as Halloween (2018) stunt actor James Jude Courtney, among others.
· FREDDY KRUEGER, including interviews with A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) and Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (1994) stars Heather Langenkamp and Lin Shaye, as well as Special Effects Designer Jim Doyle, among others.
· PINHEAD, including an interview with Hellraiser actor Doug Bradley and others.
Other experts from the within genre set to appear throughout the series include Drac & Swan Boulet (The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula), Horror Noire documentary writer and producer Ashlee Blackwell, The Last Podcast on the Left hosts Ben Kissel and Henry Zebrowski, Blumhouse producer Ryan Turek and filmmakers Jeffrey Reddick (Final Destination), April Wolfe (Black Christmas, 2019), David Bruckner (Hellraiser reboot), and filmmaker and drag artist Peaches Christ.
Behind the Monsters is executive produced by Phil Nobile Jr., Kelly Ryan and Mark Shostrom.
Fall 2023 TV Schedule + Streaming Shows Release Dates Calendar
When does your favorite show come back on? Check it out on our fall release dates guide.
September 2023 Release Dates are here!
The last episode of the series was released on December 1, 2021 in the US.
Is "Behind the Monsters" returning for Season 2? When does the next season of Behind the Monsters come back on? 🤔 Find out below!
Behind the Monsters Season 2 Release Date
Leave Your Comment! 👋
📆 Fall 2023 TV Schedule
Fall TV lineup misses a lot of fan favorites! Is your favorite show coming back? Check it out.
Behind the Monsters Season 2 Trailer
Right now, we don't have an official season 2 trailer. We are still waiting for the announcement from Shudder. Here is the latest promo/trailer shared on press releases & social accounts so far:
|Show Name||Behind the Monsters|
|Series Cast||Rebekah McKendry Ryan Turek Tracie Thoms|
For even more Behind the Monsters cancellation and renewal news, check out here. You can see all upcoming shows on our Upcoming Shows 2023 page. We also have a very handy "What's New" page where you can see all new tv and streaming shows.