discovery+ and ID True Crime Highlights – Weeks of April 12 and April 19
discovery+, the newly launched global streaming service, brings together all of Discovery’s brands and non-fiction content in one place to offer fans unlimited access to the largest collection of real-life entertainment in the world. Featuring a wide range of exclusive series across popular genres, discovery+ offers passion verticals for genre fans, from Animals to Paranormal, Food and Home. In the True Crime category alone, discovery+ contains an unprecedented 5,500 hours of the best mystery and suspense, boasting the largest library of true crime of any streaming service.
discovery+ TRUE CRIME PREMIERES
THE DEADLY TYPE WITH CANDICE DELONG
New Episodes Available to Stream on Thursdays
Using powerful case studies drawn from her popular TV shows DEADLY WOMEN and FACING EVIL, former FBI profiler Candice DeLong works to find common behavioral links between some of the world’s worst perpetrators. What is it that make these criminals tick? Candice uncovers the red flags that might just save a life.
The Deadly Type With Candice DeLong
Using powerful case studies drawn from her popular TV shows DEADLY WOMEN and FACING EVIL, former FBI profiler Candice ...
· The Survivor Begins Streaming on April 15 We’d all like to think that in a life-or-death situation we’d find the inner strength to save ourselves, but some individuals are certain of it. They have a basic instinct to survive at all costs, even if it means sacrificing those they love. They’re hard to spot, but Candice says certain behaviors give away the survivor.
· The Deluded Begins Streaming on April 22 Some people march to the beat of their own drum. But for others the music is completely out of tune. They suffer powerful delusions that lead to irrational and often self-destructive behavior. Get too close and it’s easy to swept into the vortex of their downward spiral.
EVIL LIVES HERE: SHADOWS OF DEATH
New Episodes Available to Stream on Sundays
Evil casts a shadow. That shadow spreads outward for years, even decades, after a crime. It consumes everyone in its path, pulling them into darkness. EVIL LIVES HERE: SHADOWS OF DEATH explores the endless reach of evil – a reach that extends long after the crime itself. This original series highlights the struggle to survive as innocent people find themselves caught in the wake of death and evil.
· The Bathtub Begins Streaming on Sunday, April 18 In 2000, in South Barrington, Illinois, a rookie cop responds to the scene of what many believe to be the site of an accidental drowning. But for that cop, something about it doesn’t sit quite right. It’s a hunch that, 10 years later, he still hasn’t forgotten.
· I Forgive You Begins Streaming on Sunday, April 25 In 2003, a young man in Georgia shoots his father in the head sixteen times. Days later, the body of a nun is found on the side of a Virginia road. The story behind these two crimes haunts those involved to this day.
CONCURRENT discovery+ AND ID PREMIERES
PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Mondays and Premiere on ID on Mondays at 10/9c
Ripped from the pages of one of the nation’s top weekly magazines, PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES goes beyond the headlines to uncover the heart-wrenching stories of lives and families ripped apart. The series takes viewers to the epicenter of America’s most compelling crimes, as PEOPLE’s renowned journalists divulge the shocking twists and surprising facts they learned while doggedly investigating each case.
People Magazine Investigates
PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES uncovers the heart-wrenching true stories behind crimes that transcended headlines and ...
· The Delphi Killer Begins Streaming on Monday, April 12, Premiere on ID at 10/9c In February of 2017, on an unseasonably warm day in Delphi, Indiana, middle-school friends Libby German and Abby Williams decide to go on a hike in the local woods. When the girls fail to show at the predetermined pick-up point and darkness falls, a massive search ensues. The next day the girls are found tragically murdered. Police have few clues as to the identity of the killer until they discover a key piece of evidence: Libby may have recorded her killer on her cellphone. Hoping to get the public’s help in identifying the suspect, police release the video. Police receive thousands of tips from the public and set out on a sweeping nationwide search to find Libby and Abby’s killer.
· Blood Ties Begins Streaming on Monday, April 19, Premiere on ID at 10/9c On a snowy night in January 1980, college student Helene Pruszynski disappears after reaching her final bus stop. When her body turns up in a snowy field, police launch a long and frustrating investigation that pushes family and detectives to the brink of hopelessness. Their hope is revived when they discover that cutting edge forensic genealogy may hold the key to finding Helene’s murderer.
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Sundays and Premiere on ID Sundays at 10/9c
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN takes viewers on an exciting journey inside the most fascinating crime and mystery investigations. First person accounts, along with insight from experts are featured as each case reaches its dramatic conclusion.
· It Won’t End Well Begins Streaming on Sunday, April 18, and will Premiere on ID on April 25 at 10/9c A young woman’s strange encounter with a man outside her home becomes the thread that unravels a terrifying murder mystery.
· Clearing the Docket Begins Streaming on Sunday, April 25, and will Premiere on ID on May 2 at 10/9c A teenager vanishes during a walk to the store on a cold winter night. The next morning police find her lifeless body in a snowbank six miles away.
INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY PREMIERES
The programs below will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
THE GRIM SLEEPER: MIND OF A MONSTER
Special Premieres on ID Thursday, April 22 at 10/9c, Begins Streaming Friday, April 23
The Grim Sleeper spent decades preying on victims in South-Central Los Angeles, killing women with a .25 caliber gun and leaving their bodies in alleyways around the city. In 2001, detectives in the LAPD’s cold case unit reopen the files on a series of unsolved murders from the 1980s and piece together that the Grim Sleeper has a new victim 14 years after the last known murder. The race is on to catch him before he can strike again.
A TIME TO KILL
Season One Premieres Resume Thursday, April 15 at 9/8c
The key to solving the toughest homicides lies somewhere in the final hours of a victim’s life. In A TIME TO KILL, determined investigators must piece together events during this critical window to reconstruct the timeline, unlock the motive, and ultimately close in on the killer.
A Time to Kill
The key to solving the toughest homicides lies somewhere in the final hours of a victim's life. In each one-hour episode ...
· What Happened to Lauren? Premieres Thursday, April 15 at 9/8c A 27-year-old law student is reported missing, and when investigators later find human remains in the trash can behind her apartment, it’s undeniable that the two are related. Police in Macon, Georgia, must act fast to catch a cold-blooded killer.
· Cruel Intentions Premieres Thursday, April 15 at 8/7c A 30-year-old woman is reported missing by her concerned husband after she fails to report to work. When her abandoned car is found, traces of blood in the trunk indicate more than just a disappearance – it’s clear she has been murdered.
FEAR THY NEIGHBOR
Season Seven Premieres Thursday, April 15 at 10/9c
Do you really know who lives next door? FEAR THY NEIGHBOR tells the chilling tales of those with the misfortune to unwittingly take up residence within a stone’s throw of a psycho – or even a killer.
Fear Thy Neighbor
Do you really know who lives next door? FEAR THY NEIGHBOR tells the chilling tales of those with the misfortune to ...
· I’m Not Moving Premieres Thursday, April 15 at 10/9c A man returns from a work stint out of state to find that his neighbor has taken over his property to run a chop shop. What results is an intractable feud that engulfs two families, and doesn’t end until one of the combatants lies dead.
· Backyard Blood Premieres Thursday, April 15 at 9/8c A man’s dream comes true when he buys his parents’ house and moves his family into it. His dreams are shattered when he discovers that his neighbor on the other side of the fence holds a decades-long grudge against him that won’t resolve until one of them lies dead.
WEB OF LIES
New Episodes Premiere Mondays at 9/8c
We’re increasingly living our lives online, unaware of the risks that can lie ahead. Looking for friendships, love, sex or business opportunities has led many into a twilight world of seduction, danger, and false identity. What unites these shocking tales of true crime is their unpredictability. You never know where the WEB OF LIES will lead.
· Killer Chatroom Premieres Monday, April 19 at 10/9c When college student Nadia Kajouji disappears, she leaves no clues as to her whereabouts. Only when police search her laptop do they find the horrifying truth: she has made a suicide pact with a young nurse she met online named Cami. Nadia and Cami shared their struggles with depression and vowed to end their lives together. But the more police dig, the more they realize that Nadia’s savior is not who she said she was.
New Episodes Premiere Tuesdays at 9/8c
With more than two decades of experience in the judicial system, no one knows the delicate dance between arrest and conviction better than former Brooklyn homicide prosecutor Anna-Sigga Nicolazzi. In TRUE CONVICTION, she travels across the country to reveal how the nation’s top prosecutors tackled their toughest cases. Reviewing the crime with the detectives who were on the scene and connecting with those who were left behind, Nicolazzi reveals how homicides are solved on the street but won in the courtroom.
· Family Under Fire Premieres Tuesday, April 13 at 9/8c Armed with homemade bombs, a group of masked gunmen ambush a family in the middle of the night, and murder a teenage daughter and her mom. The family’s tragedy is worsened when they believe that one of their own loved ones was behind the double homicide. It would take 30 years and an eager state trooper to bring the killer to justice.
· The Hundred-Mile Murder Premieres Tuesday, April 20 at 9/8c The innocence of the quiet, rural town of Miles City, Montana is shattered when a doting father of two and loving husband, Marty Etchemendy, disappears after a local football game. The Sheriff and local volunteers scour the dusty countryside for any sign of the missing father. The trail leads detectives out of Montana on a life-and-death chase spanning over 150 miles. Investigators hold on hard to hope, but will the intense manhunt for a hostage turn into a search and recovery?
STILL A MYSTERY
New Episodes Premiere Wednesdays at 10/9c
Just because a case is closed doesn’t mean the truth has been revealed. Suicide or murder? Runaway or kidnapping? Accidental or premeditated? STILL A MYSTERY re-examines cases where unanswered questions remain. Through original interviews with law enforcement, family members and private investigators, news footage and social media, STILL A MYSTERY dissects the evidence and presents new theories in a quest to uncover the truth.
· Depths of Depravity Premieres Tuesday, April 13 at 10/9c Kala Williams has been missing for weeks when her body is found on the outskirts of town. Amidst the tragedy, her family has one consolation: DNA from the crime scene that leads police to a suspect. But charging this man with Kala’s murder is far from straightforward. Then, on the night before Thanksgiving, two teenage women go out for the evening only to turn up dead. Were multiple people involved in this double murder?
· Who Wanted Him Dead? Premieres Tuesday, April 20 at 10/9c A 24-year-old US Army sergeant, Patrick Rust had been to war in Iraq and Afghanistan. But it’s only 50 miles from his hometown in Upstate New York that he turns up dead in a farmer’s field. What was said in mysterious phone calls to other soldiers on the night he went missing? Then, a leader of the Liberian immigrant community in Minnesota walks into the night, and is later found dead under mysterious circumstances. Are the answers in one last, strange phone call?
SEE NO EVIL
New Episodes Premiere Wednesdays at 10/9c
SEE NO EVIL reveals how the deadliest crimes are solved by the only witnesses that never lie and never forget: surveillance cameras. With more shocking CCTV footage than ever before, SEE NO EVIL proves there’s nowhere killers can hide.
· In His Father’s Footsteps Premieres Wednesday, April 14 at 10/9c The ambush of 22-year-old college student Richard Bailey leaves a community desperate for answers. With no forensic evidence left at the scene, detectives must turn to surveillance footage: can they use it to track down his killer?
· Headlights and Fire Premieres Wednesday, April 21 at 10/9c In Pierce County, Washington, a woman’s body is found set beside a dead-end road. Detectives struggle to identify their victim, until cameras lead to a shocking discovery at the woman’s home and put them on the trail of a killer.
EVIL LIVES HERE
New Episodes Premiere Sundays at 9/8c
EVIL LIVES HERE explores the true, heart-stopping stories of people who shared a home and a life with a loved one who would become a killer. With exclusive interviews and never-before-told accounts of the years and critical moments leading up to these vicious acts, the series showcases the devastating and often undiscussed consequences on the people who have nurtured, loved and raised a murderer.
· He Pretends to Be Human Premieres Sunday, April 18 at 9/8c When Kelly Pletcher eloped with Wayne Adam Ford, she thought she had found a storybook love. But when Wayne began descending into an obsessive world of twisted sexual fetishes and demeaning desires, Kelly’s short-lived fairytale became a nightmare from which she was desperate to escape. When she heard what her ex-husband had in his pocket as he surrendered to police, she was horrified. The only thing that surprised her was that she had somehow managed to escape before becoming one of his victims.
· They Said I Killed My Brother Premieres Sunday, April 25 at 9/8c When Eric Nance asks his sister, Belinda, to find and destroy a murder weapon, he expects her to protect him. When she finds it, Belinda is torn between family loyalty and doing what she knows to be right. Now she must decide whether to protect her brother or betray him to the police.
📆 Spring 2023 TV Schedule + Streaming Shows Release Dates Calendar
When does your favorite show come back on? Check it out on our spring release dates guide.
March 2023 Release Dates are here!