Bel-Air Series Premiere
When does "Bel-Air" start on Peacock? Will Bel-Air be a successful show? Who is in the cast? Where to watch trailer & more. In this post, we have summarized everything we know so far about the new Peacock series.
What Is Bel-Air About?
Set in modern-day America, Bel-Air is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90’s sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” that leans into the original premise: Will’s complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air. With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases that were impossible to fully explore in a 30-minute sitcom format, while still delivering swagger and nods to the original show.
The series regulars include:
· Newcomer Jabari Banks as “Will”
· Adrian Holmes as “Phillip Banks” (At That Age, V Wars)
· Cassandra Freeman as “Vivian Banks” (The Enemy Within, Atlanta)
· Olly Sholotan as “Carlton Banks” (Run Hide Fight, Evolution of Nate Gibson)
· Coco Jones as “Hilary Banks” (Let it Shine, Vampires vs. The Bronx)
· Akira Akbar as “Ashley Banks” (We Can Be Heroes, Captain Marvel)
· Jimmy Akingbola as “Geoffrey” (Most Dangerous Game, In The Long Run)
· Jordan L. Jones as “Jazz” (Rel, Snowfall)
· Simone Joy Jones as “Lisa” (The Chair, What If)
Will Smith previously surprised newcomer and West Philly local Jabari Banks with the iconic, leading role of “Will,” originated by Smith. Peacock previously ordered two seasons of the series adaptation of Morgan Cooper’s viral fan film Bel-Air. Cooper wrote and directed the four-minute spec trailer, debuting the video on social media in March 2019. The trailer, which currently has nearly 7 million views on YouTube, caught the attention of Smith, and in a reaction video Smith called the film and idea brilliant.
· Co-Showrunners / Executive Producers: T.J. Brady and Rasheed Newson
· Director / Co-Writer / Executive Producer: Morgan Cooper
· Executive Producers: Will Smith, Terence Carter, James Lassiter, Miguel Melendez, Malcolm Spellman, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina, and Andy & Susan Borowitz
Bel-Air is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, and Westbrook Studios, a division of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith’s media company Westbrook Inc. Drama series is filming in Los Angeles, CA and Philadelphia, PA.
Bel-Air Season 1 Release Date
Leave Your Comment!
Bel-Air Season 1 TrailerRight now, we don't have an official season 1 trailer. We are still waiting for the announcement from Peacock. Here is the latest promo/trailer shared on press releases & social accounts so far:
|Series Cast||Adrian Holmes Cassandra Freeman Jabari Banks Olly Sholoton|